2. You will need to decide what shape and size you would like your bunting flags to be. My flags are 11cm wide, 14cm high and 17 cm down the centre from top to tip.
Cut out two templates. The first template is the exact size of the flag .Make the second template the same size but with a half inch seam allowance.
3. Use the larger template to measure interlocking. Iron the interlocking to the reverse of the work.
4. Use the larger template to cut out your chosen flag backing. Cut out your backing panels ready to stitch.
5. Using the small templates, mark out with an embroidery pen where you will sew. Hold up to the light to make sure your designs are central. Remember to allow enough room above your design to sew the bias binding.
6. Place the Aida and backing fabric, right sides facing and pin in place. Sew around the sides and bottom. Trim the Aida down to the same size as the backing fabric.